Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have just received by BC divorce. It gives me a monthly

Customer Question

I have just received by BC divorce. It gives me a monthly spousal support but I am interested in receiving half of his work pension instead. He is agreeable to this but am wondering what is the best and quickest and least expensive route to take.
I was surprised that a monthly spousal support amount was entered since the form I originally signed just stated 50/50 split and did not mention a dollar amount (although my ex and I did talk about it).
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I have some questions first.

Who applied for the divorce?

Is there a separation agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did the divorce ourselves since we are in our late 60's and there are no minor children, no debt.In our separation agreement it that spousal support be provided to me at 50% of the family income; and that all property be divided equally.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

This is confusing to me. Are you saying that in the divorce judgment the judge actually set a specific amount of monthly support that you are to receive?