How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just received by BC divorce. It gives me a monthly

Customer Question

I have just received by BC divorce. It gives me a monthly spousal support but I am interested in receiving half of his work pension instead. He is agreeable to this but am wondering what is the best and quickest and least expensive route to take.
I was surprised that a monthly spousal support amount was entered since the form I originally signed just stated 50/50 split and did not mention a dollar amount (although my ex and I did talk about it).
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I have some questions first.

Who applied for the divorce?

Is there a separation agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did the divorce ourselves since we are in our late 60's and there are no minor children, no debt.In our separation agreement it that spousal support be provided to me at 50% of the family income; and that all property be divided equally.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

This is confusing to me. Are you saying that in the divorce judgment the judge actually set a specific amount of monthly support that you are to receive?

Related Canada Law Questions