Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

What happens when a business does not follow their

Customer Question

What happens when a business does not follow their disclaimer? A group of people paid $3600.00 each for a trip into Canada with the guarantee(written on the brochure and stated to the individual on the telephone) that you will get everything but $1000.00 back if not satisfied. There were circumstances that did not make the trip the experience they were sold but the business is not following their disclaimer. They are stating this group of people can come back next year and get $1000.00 discount each but have to pay the rest of the fee again.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

How much do they owe you all together (I do not know how many people were in your party)?

What province is this, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
roughly $7800.00. It's Kasba Lake Lodge in the Northwest Territory.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can send them a letter by registered mail. In the letter set out the facts, and that you demanded a refund and they refused to comply with the terms of the contract. Give them a deadline for reimbursing you for the full amount that you demand in the letter. Tell them that if they fail to comply, you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking the refund, damages, interest, and costs.

You can sue them in Small Claims Court and self represent. If it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great, thanks for the information.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I noticed you posted the reply in error on a new post first.
Please rate this answer now.
Had I seen that you had posted again I would have asked the site to close the post but I didn't notice until now.
You can ask for a refund for the other post if you were charged for it.