Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have rented my basement to a women.She introduced herself

Customer Question

Hi, I have rented my basement to a women.She introduced herself as a student.She said will be living alone.The water and electricit included in the rent however I set up a limit , her rights consumtion is 20% of my own comperable periods, if above she pays it. the section has her own washer and dryer. she started to use the machines sometimes 7 loads in a day. the water thank emptied 3 times in a day. I have received Hydro Bills 430. I hired the place in May , now during this time I took ftografs that she and her boyfrined are actually giving laundry services to some places. They are watching me when I am not at home or I am very busy like a thief , at night or at quite times they are loading the car. I asked them to leave they refused. she has threatens me that she will nto pay the rent and she will use the machines more than what she used for denying that it is her clothes. how can I stop her , I want her and her boyfriend to leave my property, we have signed the lease. I have learned that she is on welfare. Pls advise
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

This is grounds for eviction. It doesn't matter that you have a fixed term lease. She has breached the lease in many ways. She misrepresented herself as a student so that you would rent her the space. She did not tell you that she was receiving social assistance. And, she is carrying out a laundry cleaning service at your expense in the residential unit she is renting. For her to be able to carry out a business she has to have a commercial lease and has to let the landlord know what the businesses.

I suggest that you contact the residential tenancies branch tomorrow and asked them how to get this woman out as quickly as possible. You will need to provide her with an conviction notice and then get an order for eviction if she doesn't leave.