Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My common law husband pass on April 25 2015, we have a

Customer Question

My common law husband pass on April 25 2015, we have a living & Last Testament wills made 2011, stating that who passes first leaves the other with full control over the estate, Our step children have now sent a threading letter demanding to see the will and demanding I place his Ashes in the the grave site, Allan my husband and I stated that we both would be placed together.
I have stated to the family that I would contact them when the time comes to place his ashes if I decide to place his ashes sooner, but for now each family member were given ashes to have.
So I am wondering if I need to show the wills to the step children, and If they decide to take me to court what are my rights as the common law wife for 25 years with tax return papers showing us together for 25 year, along with the Wills ?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for your loss.

Are your step-children beneficiaries of the estate at all?