Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My stepson passaway DEC.26/2014 HIS WIFE HAD HIM CREMATED HIS

Customer Question

My stepson passaway DEC.26/2014 HIS WIFE HAD HIM CREMATED HIS ASHES IS AT A FUNERAL HOME HIS ASHES WAS TO BE PUT IN THE GRAVE WITH HIS MOTHER BY NOW HIS WIFE IS NOT MENTALLY ABLE TO LOOK AFTER AND IS UNDER THE CARE OF COMMUNITY CARE MY HUSBAND IS 98 AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE HIS SON`S ASHES PUT IN THE GRAVE WITH HIS MOTHER SO HE CAN HAVE CIOSURE WE HAVE CALLED BUT WE ARE NEVER TOLD ANY THING WE DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHERE HIS DAUGHTER IN LAW IS THE FUNERAL HOME HAS CALLED US MANY TIME TRYING TO FINE HER TO WHAT CAN DO MARION PACKARD HALIBURTON ONT.1***-***-****
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying that the ashes have been abandoned by the wife? Who is the executor of your stepson's Will? Does the wife have a legal guardian?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not pay any more we are old age pensioner
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what you mean about paying anymore but you don't have to pay the site more because I asked some questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes she has abandoned her husband ashes There was no will Community care is looking after her
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I understand that she is being taken care of by community care. But is there someone who is making legal decisions for her? For example, is there someone who is taking care of her banking?