Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am an executor of a will mother who passed away with

Customer Question

I am an executor of a will for my mother who passed away with no assets but need to find a copy from 1996 for several reasons in British Columbia and the Lawyer who drafted it is deceased
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for your loss. I have a couple of suggestions. First, in BC there is a Wills Registry where some people do register their Will. It is not mandatory to register a Will though so only some do.Here is the information you will need about the Registry:http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/vital-statistics/deaths/wills-registry The other idea is for you to contact the law society and ask them where the lawyer's files are. If they are not with another firm the law society will have them.