Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I uttered a threat and don't know what to plead

Customer Question

Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the first time it's happened, not sure what to do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Email response is preferred thank you very much
Expert:  CaptanLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hello: I am a criminal defence lawyer and can assist with your inquiry. Sorry to hear about the uttering threat charge. Can you clarify whether it is "uttering a death threat" or "uttering a threat of bodily harm"? I'd be happy to assist you with your inquiry, but just to be clear, pursuant to the Terms of Service, we are not permitted to provide specific legal advice on here. Similarly, lawyers, in general, cannot provide legal advice over the phone or online to non-clients - it is against our professional obligations. Therefore, we cannot provide you an answer about how to plead in your case (guilty / not guilty). But, we can provide you with general legal information that you can use to help guide you with your legal matter. What specific information would you like to know regarding your threatening charge?