Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My son has been injured at a daycare. The daycare is on location at a primary scho

Customer Question

Hello, my son has been injured at a daycare. The daycare is on location at a primary school in Orleans, Ottawa. His finger got crushed in a self-closing metal door. Broken bone, lost nail, deep laceration, stitches, antibiotics, etc. Do I have a legal recourse?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting me. I am horrified to hear this. The day care is liable for his injuries as there no possible explanation that could explain how this happened except for negligence. So you can sue them for damages. It would make the most sense from a strategic point of view to have a lawyer who specializes in personal injury cases send them a letter to threaten a lawsuit. They have insurance and this will most likely settle before court and that letter will be the impetus for them to offer a fair settlement.