Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Company offered severance pkg. One requirement reads: Have

Customer Question

Company offered severance pkg. One requirement reads: Have some hours worked during the fifty (52) weeks prior: ( which i have so i believe the next part does not pertain to me.) it continues to read: An otherwise eligible employee who fails to meet this requirement and who is on an approved weekly indemnity, wcb, long-term Disability, maternity leave or parental leave is ineligible unless the employee returns within 12 months of June 1,2015 Such employee must return to work for a period of four (4) weeks in order to be eligible. the amount of the voluntary Severance will be determined in accordance with the average hours worked during the fifty (52) week period prior the date of disability.
Do I not meet the first requirement? (i do have some hours worked during the 52 weeks)
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand the facts. Are you saying you are being dismissed without just cause and if so you are wondering if a provision in your contract applies to you?Have you been working during the past year?