Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My sister is looking strong lawyer to sue WCB

Customer Question

My sister is looking for a strong lawyer to sue WCB for life changing injuries obtained during her employment. She is a single mother of 7 children and has gotten a bum deal from WCB claiming she is fit for work. Her one leg is 3 inches shorter from a fall she got on the job and a shoulder injury from another. Can you recommend a lawyer that is will to take on the challenge with WCB in Edmonton Alberta for her. My sister makes $15 dollars an hour right now working as a cook in a restaurant and cannot make the bills. Thanks you for any kind of advise you can give me.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
We cannot make referrals but I can suggest a couple of reliable ways to find a lawyer if you like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I cannot speak to you on the phone. My law society doesn't permit me to do so because you are not my client.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid $69 for nothing? What kind of crap is this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ask a question on where I can find a lawyer that is willing to take on WCB in Edmonton, Alberta. How hard is the question?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what has made you so angry and rude.
I immediately stated the following reply to you and have yet to hear back:
Do you want me to do that or not.
I cannot do more and I also don't want to tolerate rudeness when I am trying to help you on a Sunday afternoon in the summer at your convenience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, buddy, I am not rude. I simply asked a question. Paid $69 for no information. It is I who is still waiting for the information that you still have not provided.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Do you want me to make suggestions on finding a lawyer or not?I don't want to provide this information if you cannot tell me that will be good enough. I don't want my stats harmed because we cannot make referrals.I can provide you with information about how to find a lawyer but cannot provide any names. Just let me know if you want me to go ahead or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a list of lawyers that do WCB claims in Alberta or not? That is what I am looking for, I am not concerned about your stats.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I don't feel comfortable working with you as I do care about my stats.I am opting out.If any other lawyer on this site is willing to step in they will do so shortly.