Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was charged with a public order offence and resisting arrest

Customer Question

I was charged with a public order offence and resisting arrest but it was threw out off court then I was recharged with the same offence also the police want to meet me again to sign more charges why would this be
Submitted: 1 year ago via LawDepot.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.
HiFor sure, they want something. More evidence, more confessions perhaps but they want something. You do not have to talk to them. You have a right to remain silent. That cannot be used against you in court no matter what police might say.Give me a few more facts without identifying yourself and I will expand n my answer.Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was arrested for being drunk in public and resisted arrest I was released the following morning a few days later the police called me to come into the station to sign some papers when I went to court it was threw out a few days later the police came to my house and got me to sign more papers now they want to see me tomorrow to sign more papers what should I do
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.
Without knowing what you are signing in advance, I would not go.Do you know what they want you to sign? What did you sign before?