Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Can I sue my husband of our way of life, emotional

Customer Question

Can I sue my husband for loss of our way of life, emotional distress and undue hardship for the future?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Please provide the basic facts.Also please let me know if you are separated or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are Seperated. Heading for divorce. He has bankrupt us and has been borrowing monies from lots of business people. He has abandoned my daughter and I and our home has been foreclosed on. He has put me in the basement of my senior parents home with my daughter. He has discontinued her school payments and fired me from my position at a company his parents own. And left me with no finances. We have nothing and have had to pack our belongings and put them in storage and my daughter and I are in counselling and have seen our medical doctors due to stress and anxiety. He is living at his parents who are very wealthy and has hired very expensive lawyers. He is living in luxury and we are sleeping in a double bed eating once to twice per day. I have lost my car and he even sold my wedding ring. He has seperated us from our family and friends of ten years by defaming the situation. Not telling anyone the truth about what he has done. He also forged my name on 3 loans.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You cannot sue him but you can seek a division of assets, child support and spousal support. If he has dissipated the family assets you can get more than half of what remains. And as he has dismissed you he will be liable to you for more spousal support. As you don't have any assets in your name and do not have any income you will be able to get legal aid to pay a family lawyer for you and you may be able to get into court on an emergency basis as well.