Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

It has been 6 years that i was layed off due to illness. i

Customer Question

it has been 6 years that i was layed off due to illness. i have never asked my employer for any sort of severance pay since my illness in 2009. as of 2010 when my transplant was a success i returned to my place of employment and my employer simply said that my services (22 years) were no longer needed. then in 2011 i came down with menangitis(sorry if this is mis-spelled)and i have never thought to pursue my employer for my rights as a tax payer for a severance pay package. what exactly are my legal rights as of today 2015..
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I need some more clarification. Are you saying you were dismissed in 2010 but did not receive any notice or pay in lieu even though you were well enough to come back to work?