Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My father died at 47 years of age of massive heart attack from

Customer Question

My father died at 47 years of age of massive heart attack from dealing with iron ore 30 yrs ago and did not test at time for iron ore presence in the human body can company b sued for negligence 30 years later
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to speak to you over the phone as my law society will not allow this as you are not my client but if you want to discuss this by posting up and back I can do that. If you do please let me know when exactly your father died and when you discovered that this was causes by the iron ore.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He died Oct 31 1986 they started testing for lead that year aftr cuz people wer dropping like flies. Only the year aftr did they realize that it could clog ur arteries and cuz all kinds of problems. Now your not even allowed to smoke a cigarette on premises. I think 3 or 4 ppl died just before him then he started complaining about his left arm being sore and his chest. A week later he died Halloween night.I'm just wandering cuz the company wer almost trying to sweep the deaths under the rug didn't even want to give him his 25 year gold pocket watch which we won over the company and received. Then nothing. It was done and buried if u understand wat I mean.this was in 1986
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know if u x Hume the body there should b lead left in his bones and how much right? Then it would b the company's fault. This occurred at brunswick mining and smelting belldune N.B
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wen was lead known to cause all these ailments and how long the company took to start testing their workers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wat year did they test workers for lead in Brunswick mining and smelting belldune N.B was it after 1986. They only took pre cautions a year or more after these ppl wer dying at ages of 32 who never smoked drank and was active in sports
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Why did you leave this for so long and not try and sue when you discovered that the ore could have been the cause?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I was 14 years old wen he died.Bothered me all my life IF that were the case. Can't afford to sue a big company like that I'm 43 now and still can't but the question stays in my head since I was young. Would kinda ease I guess in some form to know the answer. Can you possibly help me out with this question?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
But the problem is that it is much too late to sue. There are limitation periods that prevent suing after a certain length of time. It is usually two years from when the claim arose. In your case you could have sued once you became an adult so for you to sue for yourself and not for your father you could have sued when you turned 18 and so you cannot sue at 43. And for your father, in terms of his estate, it would have run out well beyond the time when you could sue. So there is absolutely no possibility of suing at this point.I am very sorry about that and terribly sorry for your tragic loss.