Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My dear aging aunt sold some property off her land, the4 people

Customer Question

my dear aging aunt sold some property off her land, the4 people that bought it built a fence 8 feet on my aunts property and refuse to move it back or tear it down. can we push it back over the property line.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You can remove any item that is on your aunt's property without her consent. However, the neighbour may call the police and the police may require your aunt to leave the fence in place until a court decides whether the fence is actually on her property or not. If your aunt has a survey she should consider showing that to the neighbour, or if the police call to the police. If your aunt is worried about moving the fence she can retain a local lawyer who will review the survey and will send the neighbour a letter demanding that the fence be removed at once and threatening a lawsuit.