Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My husband has been in Canada months now on a visitor

Customer Question

My husband has been in Canada for 14 months now on a visitor visa from Colombia. We were married on August 2nd 2015 so almost a year now.
Our application has been in process for 3 years now. In April of 2015 we were told that all documents etc etc. were now complete and that an answer with respect to his PRC would be coming soon, that was in April
I then received an email that he (my husband ) application was sent for a security inadmissiblity.
Can you explain what that is? Any why they would be asking for this. He has had two criminal record checks over the past year and a half etc. (all good) also medical good etc.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Are they saying he is inadmissible or that they are doing some further investigations? I am not sure what you mean when I read the wording that you have used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.... doing investigation
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I can see why you are concerned as this came out of the blue. But it could mean that someone else with his name is ***** ***** radar and they have to make sure he is not that person. If he has an outstanding charge such for driving while under the influence that could be the cause as well. But if nothing at all has changed for him there is nothing that you likely have to worry about now. If you are concerned and cannot sit and wait (and I understand that for sure) then you can consult with an immigration lawyer now just to have someone waiting to act if necessary. You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25. The number is(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.