Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was received fired from my job after a workplace

Customer Question

Hello. I was received fired from my job after a workplace investigation. The allegations against me suggested that I harassed a coworker by logging into her work email without her permission. My union rep is pushing for me to settle, but I want my job back because I didn't do what they're saying. My employer will not show us the notes from the investigation. Are they able to do that? How do I know what I'm being fired for if they won't share the information?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
They cannot legally dismiss you without showing you all the evidence they have against you. So tell the union you will not settle, and that they must go ahead and represent you fairly as that is their legal obligation to you. Make it clear that you are not guilty of these allegations and you need a full hearing where your procedural rights are fully protected.