Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Say I have loaded a credit card at my place of employment with

Customer Question

Say I have loaded a credit card at my place of employment with over $5000 and used it for personal purchases. Now, the head office for my employment is noticing some funds have not been entered into the system. What should I do?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying you used the corporate credit card for personal expenditures? If so, how much was used for personal items?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I used funds that were never actually existing at the time to load a credit card. The card is not a corporate one, but one that I applied for (a prepaid credit card) that is hosted by the company and the credit card company.Overall, the expenditures would be approximately $8000 CAD.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
You are at risk for losing your job and it is possible the employer will report this to the police. So what you should do is immediately pay the employer back so the employer does not want to call the police. And I suggest you show remorse so that the staff at head office feel some sympathy for you. And if they say they are calling the police then you should consult with a criminal lawyer face to face as soon as you can.