Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Thanks in advance. This may be more complicated that a quick

Customer Question

Thanks in advance. This may be more complicated that a quick question.
Do I have any legal ground to pursue a claim given the following.
Several months ago I 'sold' my customer list to competitor. The intention was they would put me on a consultants agreement in exchange. They sent me the contract, which I had some issues with and sent back to them. For various reasons, I never heard back. Now, because IT IS several months later, they do not want to honor anything, stating the contract is invalid due to the time gone by... Is this worth pursuing, or because of no signed contract, I am 'hooped'?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, it sounds to me that you never had a binding agreement. The reason why I think this is because you said that when they sent you the written contract you were not agreeable to all of its terms. To have a binding contract there was to be an offer made and an acceptance to that offer. It seems to be that ultimately you did not accept their offer, but instead made a counter offer (this would be the changes that you asked for) and they did not accept this offer. If I have understood your facts correctly, then there is no contract for you to enforce. Let me know if the facts are different than from what I have been assuming.