Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I sold product to a new distributor and a month later he now

Customer Question

I sold product to a new distributor and a month later he now wants to return the product, I advised him that we do not except returns unless damaged or not working and then we replace them. Our invoice states due on receipt and he paid by visa and now because he is having financial problems as he states he wants his money back. He has threatened to show up at my home and he will get his money. He has put in an email this threat and I am not sure where I stand in this situation. He is desperate and I am not sure what he is capable of doing to myself or my family. any thoughts
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
He is not entitled to a refund. Threatening you is a criminal offence and so you should report this to the police at once. He can be charged and placed under a restraining order. In terms of the refund, which is a civil matter, he can sue you but I don't see how he will win. But you can tell him to sue you and otherwise stay away from you and not contact you again.