Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I bought a new 2012 suv chev equnoix in 2012 Rust is coming

Customer Question

Hi I bought a new 2012 suv chev equnoix in 2012
Rust is coming front inside out faulty steel and the paint peeled off. Theirs a recall on the doors
Do .gm st first told me I had to pay half off the rusted hatch and I argued about faulty steel and paint so they agreed to repaint the hatch and the doors well I'mnt happy my truck is now reconditioned and the value as I'm concerned went down
They are repairing it right now
What are my rights
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
If you can prove that your truck has gone down in value because of this issue then you can sue GM for damages. The damages would be what it would cost to put you in the same position you would be in had this not happened. I suggest you get the truck appraised and then write to GM and tell them you've been advised that your truck should be worth $X but instead is worth $Y and you want them to compensate you for the difference and if they do not then you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interest and your costs. You can sue them for up to $25,000 in Small Claims Court and self-represent so you won't have to worry about legal fees.