Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a parent who gave up a child 17 years ago. I would

Customer Question

I am a parent who gave up a child 17 years ago. I would like to file an order not to be found, how do I go about doing this?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Did you give up the child to child protective services or to a parent who adopted the child?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was to a parent who adopted the child.Thank you
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You don't need an order. You can file a disclosure veto with vital statistics. The Adoption Act says: A person who files a disclosure veto may file with it a written statement that includes any of the following:(a) the reasons for wishing not to disclose any identifying information;(b) in the case of a pre-adoption parent, a brief summary of any available information about the medical and social history of the pre-adoption parents and their families;(c) any other relevant non-identifying information. And you can cancel this veto later if you change your mind.