Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have been with the same company 24 years.A year

Customer Question

I have been with the same company for almost 24 years.A year ago, I suffered a stroke while at work.I came back to work almost 2 months ago and offered light duty work for 4 hours a day and 4 days a week.I walk with a cane and require therapy which I cannot afford.Neither the company or my union is helping me.Can I get help from the government to top up my wage?Also, there are no facilities for handicapped people and the factory floor is too dangerous to walk on. Can I get help on this?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear of this difficult situation.Are you saying that the employer is stating that you cannot be accommodated full time? In other words, are you able to work five days a week and for a full day and they are refusing to give you this work or are you unable to work for more than they are offering?Is there any other floor that you can work on aside from the factory floor? When is the last time you heard from the union?