Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My mother transferred the rights to all my father's and

Customer Question

Hi my mother transferred the rights to all my father's and her properties without my father's understanding and consent. Now all of their properties are in joint tenancy with my 2 siblings, although I have a letter in writing from a later date than the transfer in which my father states he want me to inherit 1/3 of all their properties. This is signed and dated by my father. The properties were transferred to my siblings without his consent and understanding. What legal steps can I take
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this.Is your father mentally competent to make decisions about his finances?If not, did he appoint your mother to act under a power of attorney?Why did your mother do this and add your siblings to these properties?