Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I reside in Alberta, and I have a divorce judgement filed with

Customer Question

I reside in Alberta, and I have a divorce judgement filed with the courts. The judgement is not detailed enough in regards ***** ***** section 7 expenses and my ex husband is refusing to pay. Due to the judgement not being detailed enough, MEP wont be able to enforce it. What are my options moving forward?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You can apply to the court to enforce the order or to seek to vary it so that it would set out, in detail, what expenses are considered to be section 7 expenses. I suggest you tell the father that if he does not agree to pay his portion of the section 7 expenses you will return to court to get an order for him to do so and then will also be seeking an order for your costs.