How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99520
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I loaned a girl a few hundred dollars last summer was suppose

Customer Question

I loaned a girl a few hundred dollars last summer was suppose to get it back right away so far nothing. Can you please help. THANK YOU, My #(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I suggest that you send her a letter by Registered Mail. Give her a deadline for paying you back and tell her if she fails to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interest and your costs. If she fails to pay you then you can sue her in Small Claims Court and can self-represent. If it gets that far and you find you need some help as yo go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She lives in Medicine Hat not sure of her address.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
There is no reason to sue her if you cannot find her as you won't be able to enforce the judgment.But a licenced private investigator can likely find her for a small fee.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I get a response please and thank you.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what response you want as I don't see any more questions.

Related Canada Law Questions