Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

A 2008 Ford 550 Truck was advertised as being in "Excellent

Customer Question

A 2008 Ford 550 Truck was advertised as being in "Excellent Condition" , having Factory Warranty. I bought this truck. When I drove the truck home there were problems with the motor in less than 250 kms. I took the truck to my Ford dealership. It was found that the truck engine was seriously damaged and that the Ford warranty on the engine had been cancelled a few days before I had purchased the truck. The owner of the Company that sold me the truck knew of this. In fact he had been told the truck was not safe to be driven with this engine problem. This person is the President, Owner of all the Shares of this registered Company. Could he be deemed guilty of fraud? Was this a Fraud? Should I consult the Police, a Lawyer or the Government to get this Prosecuted?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
The police may say this is fraud or they may say it is a civil matter. You can report this to the police and see if they will charge him.You are clearly entitled to return the truck and get a full refund. If the seller won't agree then you can sue him and in that case you fist step would be to have a lawyer send him a letter threatening a lawsuit. If that doesn't work you would then sue.