Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

My son was put on conditions when he was charged with 4 counts

Customer Question

My son was put on conditions when he was charged with 4 counts of break and enter. He admitted one count to the RCMP but is adamant he is innocent of the others. My concern is that he has now been on these conditions which include an 8 pm curfew and not being in contact with most of his friends. He has just turned 18 last week and now has a breach for coming home at 9 pm. His lawyer is saying this could take until January 2016 (we live in a rural community 1 hour from a larger community) and court is one day every second week. I do not understand why he can be put on conditions that are so restrictive without having been found guilty, and why it will take over a 9 months for this to be processed. So far all he has done is plead not guilty to all charges - his lawyers advise.
Worried mom
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.
As it seems as though there is quite a bit you wish to discuss, perhaps a phone conversation would be preferable.