Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Roger, I would be grateful ,if you help me to tell

Customer Question

Hi Roger,
I would be grateful for you,if you help me to tell how I can to file abuse.
My x-husband brought me in Canada, my marriage was abusive he brought police and said he doesn't love me anymore and kicked me out from house and 2 weeks he files to divorce and 1 month filed to abuse. I invested money in his house(I brought 30000$)after divorce I didn't receive anything and he is keeping create problems for me with his girlfriend.
Please, tell more detail what I need to do.Thank you very much.
Olya.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking about how to get your former spouse charged with assault?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes,i came to police, police to send me to the court,nothing to move forward,how can I file to abuse?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
There is another route you can go if the police will not assist you.You can attend at the Justice of the Peace's office in any criminal court.You simply walk in, tell the JP's secretary what you want to do, and he/she will give you a form to fill out (basic information and your allegations).Then after you hand it in, you'll speak to the JP and explain the basis for the allegations.Then if the JP decides there is enough to lay the information, he/she will schedule a pre-enquete (relatively brief in camera hearing to determine whether or not to proceed).Be prepared to bring any evidence or witnesses you might have for that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to discuss detail this file to abuse.thank you
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I now understand why you started the other post. I cannot talk to you on the phone. My law society does not permit that. I can only post online with you.