Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

I was accused of stealing and fired from my job. No charges

Customer Question

I was accused of stealing and fired from my job. No charges were laid. They didn't even call the police. I never left the store with any unpaid product. Nobody was in the store but a supervisor and a til clerk.
the next day the whole store heard I was fired for theft. I didn't steal and nobody witnessed the incident.
I am pretty sure the broke some privacy and confidential rules. What can I do. This store is slandering my name
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.
If you were fired for stealing when you didn't actually steal anything, then you could very well have a case against them for wrongful termination, since there was no 'just cause' for your termination. Additionally, you could sue whoever made the allegations for slander, as their false statement has harmed both your job status as well as your reputation.
Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you very much and best of luck.