Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

We have a court order . 60-40 split 10 mths

Customer Question

We have a court order for custody. 60-40 split for me 10 mths of the year. My son is 12yrs.
My ex is moving (48 min) drive away from his current residence, which will cease his ability to keep our childs routine with regards ***** ***** He advised our son he would see him on wkds, and (I) would have him thru the week.
What recourse do I have on this?
He is not paying child support and we are currently going to trial on the matter of the arrears (8 months). Can I request FULL custody going forward and is there a likelihood I would be successful?
Laura
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
When you ask about full custody are you asking about making decisions or about the child living with you full time?Given what the father is saying do you mean you don't want the father to have the child for the weekends?