How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 98982
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It's about LMIA in northern Ontario, how long I have to work

Customer Question

It's about LMIA in northern Ontario, how long I have to work for the same company after getting a positive LMIA from employer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
There is no time limit. You can leave at once but you cannot work unless you get another job offer and another positive LMIA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So it means I need another job offer to get hired at any other workplace after? Like I can't get hired on regular basis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And if I quit right after getting a LMIA, HOW does it effects the company I'm working for?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Your work permit is restricted so you can only work for that employer. It won't hurt the employer in terms of being able to get another LMIA for someone else if that is what you are asking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh thanks! And what if got my permanent resident, my work permit ll still be restricted. Or I can work anywhere after?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Then you won't need a permit at all!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect! Does number of employees matter in LMIA process? And you said it doesn't hurt employer or his company in any way right? Sounds good! Thank you sir.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
The number employees doesn't matter. You are correct in you understanding. Good luck.

Related Canada Law Questions