Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

It's about LMIA in northern Ontario, how long I have to work

Customer Question

It's about LMIA in northern Ontario, how long I have to work for the same company after getting a positive LMIA from employer?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
There is no time limit. You can leave at once but you cannot work unless you get another job offer and another positive LMIA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So it means I need another job offer to get hired at any other workplace after? Like I can't get hired on regular basis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And if I quit right after getting a LMIA, HOW does it effects the company I'm working for?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Your work permit is restricted so you can only work for that employer. It won't hurt the employer in terms of being able to get another LMIA for someone else if that is what you are asking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh thanks! And what if got my permanent resident, my work permit ll still be restricted. Or I can work anywhere after?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Then you won't need a permit at all!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect! Does number of employees matter in LMIA process? And you said it doesn't hurt employer or his company in any way right? Sounds good! Thank you sir.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
The number employees doesn't matter. You are correct in you understanding. Good luck.