How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99399
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Once I have married my finance who is currently in England

Customer Question

once I have married my finance who is currently in England can she work in Canada while the immigration process for her permanent residency is in progress? how would she get her Social Insurance Number ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
Yes but not at first. A few months after the application has started she will be permitted to get an open work permit.At that time she will be eligible for a Social Insurance Number. The open work permit means she can work for any employer at all.

Related Canada Law Questions