Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

Thank you ..need general answers I have lady friend in ghana

Customer Question

Thank you ..need general answers I have lady friend in ghana she has two month visitor VISA to Canada has RETURN ticket for July 1 from Ghana arrive 2in Edmonton Ghana government has just sent email to me request in I send money to her acc what is AMOUNT that is normal ALSO they said send large amount to her and she will bring it with her in form of cashiers cheque back to me here and I will deposit in my acc again sounds very wrong. 15000 DOLLARS makes no sense is this for real thank you MUNRO ***** *****....
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Good day. Please do NOT send any money to her. There are simply so many scams coming out of Nigeria and Ghana and these people prey on others, particularly through the "Love" or "Friend" scams. They will find people through online sites and make connections, stringing them along and then find reasons to ask for money. The government of Ghana would never ask you to send money to her. I also imagine that the request for you to send money is such that they want it through Western Union or MoneyGram or some other form of non-traceable money transfer or bank wire-transfer. I can tell you that I have been a lawyer for years and police officer for 20 years before that. Simply based on what you have described, this just screams SCAM. There will be a real person who you likely have spoken with, but I can assure you that this person isn't who they claim to be and you'll only end up with heartbreak and out a lot of money. The fact that your own gut instinct is telling you that this sounds wrong is a sure sign that what I am telling you is accurate. I look forward to hearing back from you. Jim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Here is a link to a TripAdvisor warning about these Ghana dating scams. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293797-c64880/Accra:Ghana:Ghanaians.And.Internet.Dating.Scams.html And a couple of links to pictures of stolen photos used by these fraudsters. You might find your "friend" on there. https://www.google.ca/search?q=ghana+dating+scam+pictures&biw=1600&bih=799&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=zMyNVeGuBYmZyQSltb4Q&ved=0CBwQsAQ http://scamdigger.com/pictures-used-by-female-scammers/ Jim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Here is another site about these scams. http://romancescamsnow.com/
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you would like to chat further about this. If you are still not entirely convinced that this is a scam, I'd be happy to do some investigation for you into any details you might have from your discussions with this person. Chat soon!Jim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I see that you were back in and viewed my response. Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information that I have provided or if you require anything further as I am happy to continue this discussion. Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating as this assists me in building my reputation here on the site. Jim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave Please let me know if you require anything further or if we can close the question so it no longer shows as open in either of our question lists. Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating as this assists me in building my reputation here on the site. Jim