Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I it possible to sue a franchisor in BC

Customer Question

Hi
I it possible to sue a franchisor in BC for misrepresentation if the pro-form presented prior to the franchise agreement being signed was grossly misleading, it was one of the biggest reasons we entered into the franchise agreement. We are now in the situation of losing money every month since we opened
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Yes is it possible to sue for damages. You were materially mis-represented and relied on these misrepresentations to your detriment. So you can certainly sue. The damages have to be reasonable and foreseeable and you will need to quantify them. It would make sense to consult with a lawyer face to face as your best next step. You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25. The number is(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.