Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

My husband died on June 06, 2015, after having

Customer Question

My husband died on June 06, 2015, after having uncontrollable bleeding from taking Xarelto. Is there a class action suit I can participate in?
Lilajean XXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
phone # ***** XXX XXXX
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Good evening, I would be happy to assist you. I am very sorry for your loss and this simply should not happen in this day and age. Although no amount of money will ever replace what you and others have lost, it certainly should make drug manufacturers take notice and move to make changes and possibly save other lives. There are about 220 active claims against Bayer in the US over this drug and civil claims are starting in Canada now as well. There is one recently commenced by Betty Samson in the courts in Calgary. The documents are public record and you could certainly obtain this from the court there and make application to join as a plaintiff. There is also a class action suit being commenced in Ontario by lawyer Bryan McPhadden and it may expand to reach further than just Ontario. There is also a Canada wide class action being started by the Merchant Law Group out of Montreal. You can get more information and make application at their website here. http://www.merchantlaw.com/class-actions/current-class-actions/xarelto-class-action-recours-collectif-xarelto-bayer There have been a number of recent, very successful class action suits against large Canadian corporations and the Courts are taking a strong stance against large conglomerates who permit harm to Canada's citizens, so there is support out there for those like yourself. I wish you all the best going forward and particularly with regard to your own healing process over the loss of your husband. Please let me know if you require anything further at all. Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating. Jim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening, Please let me know if you require anything further or if we can close the question so it no longer shows as open in either of our question lists. Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating as this assists me in building my reputation here on the site. Jim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.

I'd appreciate hearing back from you on this.

Jim