Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

What happens if I run out of money to pay my lawyer during

Customer Question

What happens if I run out of money to pay my lawyer during my lengthy divorce.I have used up all my savings,and investments.I'm barely marking the mortgage payments and we are still not any closer to getting divorced.I gross just over 42K.
Jamie
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
What does your lawyer say are the next steps?Have you tried mediation?Do you know what arbitration is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you f**king kidding me that is the answer!
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
There has been no answer. I asked you an information request and was waiting to hear back from you.However, to be honest I do not work with rude customers because there are too many customers who need my help. For this reason I will opt out and perhaps another expert would be willing to assist you.
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, if you have used up all of your money and can no longer afford to pay your lawyer, it is very likely that your lawyer will cease acting for you, and will terminate the solicitor-client relationship. Thereafter, you will be stuck representing yourself.
Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you very much and best of luck.