Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

As a commercial Tennant After my 3 year lease is over am I

Customer Question

As a commercial Tennant After my 3 year lease is over am I responsible for removing vinyl signage from the window or is that covered under normal wear and tear?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
What does your lease say about tenant improvements, and what does your lease say about how the unit is supposed to be left when your lease ends?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says nothing about how it is to be left it says tenant improvements have to be approved and if the improvements include attached fixtures they have to be left
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I would suggest that you tell them that you consider this to be a tenant improvement and so understand that this must be left and in any event, as your lease does not state that you need to leave your unit in the same condition that you received it you don't believe there is any obligation to remove the signage.