Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

I left my husband and the house we were living in was mine.

Customer Question

I left my husband and the house we were living in was mine. We married in 2006. How do I get him to leave?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Good evening, you can make an application to the Court for an Order giving you exclusive possession of the home. You can find more information on this process here. https://albertacourts.ca/resolution-and-court-administration-serv/family-justice-services/family-self-help/exclusive-possession-of-property Even if you owned the home before marriage but it was occupied by both of you as the matrimonial home, he would still have an interest in it. You can however also make application to the Court for disposition of the property. Here is a good link to women's rights as they relate to family law in Alberta and specifically, the matrimonial home. http://www.lawforalbertawomen.ca/node/79 Please let me know if you require anything further as I am happy to continue this discussion. Also, please take a moment to leave me a positive rating. Jim
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I see that you were back in and viewed my response however I do not see a reply from you. Please let me know if you are satisfied with the information I have provided of if you require anything further as I am happy to keep chatting.
Also, please remember to leave me a positive rating as this helps me build my reputation here on the site.
Jim