Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My son, who has not renewed his BC drivers license was driving

Customer Question

my son, who has not renewed his BC drivers license was driving in Alberta swerved to avoid a moose and rolled his truck that is in his name and insured through ICBC. No one eles involved in the accident. Police attended the scene after a call to 911. The officer told my son to contact him when he got sorted out at the hospital. The officer took no information with regards ***** ***** license or insurance papers. The truck is a totaled and since he will not be covered through his insurance he has told the tow truck company to crush it. How does he deal with the police?
Thank you
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.
HelloApparently you know most of the harsh reality as far as insurance. Police may want to lay a charge of driving without a license. This would be under Alberta provincial legislation. They may be hard pressed to do so if they took no information from him at the time. I assume he is back in BC. What do the police want?Tom