How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99430
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a landlord with a family living in a duplex first floor. Our

Customer Question

I am a landlord with a family living in a duplex first floor.
Our new tenants signed a lease and was advertised as a non smoking building. We we verbally assured the same.
A week into their first month, we are saturatated with smoke from morning to night and incents permeating everything.
Our family (3 kids my wife) and me are feeling the affect constantly, we were than told when we confronted them that the lady has a licence to smoke pot for her pain. We also believe that the smoke is much worse than cigarettes and pot, we suspect it may be narcotics
What can we do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 years ago.
You can seek to evict them for breaching the lease. The lease is a binding contract and they signed it agreeing that there would not be any smoking in the building.So you can tell them that if they smoke again you will seek to evict them. I suggest contacting the Regie for some advice:

Related Canada Law Questions