Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a plaintiff in civil court Alberta with a court date set

Customer Question

I am a plaintiff in civil court Alberta with a court date set this November 3.. The defendant faces another action related in some ways to mine that will go before COB ..no date set. The Defendant wishes to Consolidate the two cases. I oppose. In a pre trial conference Monday Judge ignored my written statement of facts and did not read when offered to her. Judge issued an order allowing Defendant until August 31 to file a Notice Of application if seeking to
"Transfer" my case to COB. (no dates available until late 2016)Question : Does :transfer mean the same as "Consolidate" Question : can I appeal the Judges order
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
It appears that the defendant is allowed to apply to transfer the case which could then be consolidated. But that doesn't mean the defendant is allowed to do that. You can oppose the application.I assume the Judge didn't care what you said as the judge wants there to be a full hearing on this so when you are served with the notice you then put in a reply.