Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I got lay off, my employer issued me a EI paper and I did apply

Customer Question

I got lay off, my employer issued me a EI paper and I did apply for EI and I got paid for 20 weeks which is good. My employer suppose to call me back in 3 month but they never did, instead they send me second EI form saying that I quit the job, so I apply second EI and didn't qualified and also EI office send me a bill for $4,000.00 for disqualify. What do I do in this situation?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Why did they say that you quit? Did you quit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did quit
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean you did not quit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to my employer office and told them they made a mistake, but they are not willing to help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct I did not quit
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I suggest that you contact EI and tell them that the record of employment was filled out incorrectly by your employer and that your employer will not respond to your requests to fix it. Tell them that you originally were laid off and told that you might be recalled at a later date and then recently were told (say when) that you were not going to be recalled and were dismissed. Tell EI that you most assuredly would have gone back to work for that employer and were hoping to be recalled and you have always been ready, willing, and able to work.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I have been trying to gift you more time but the site won't allow me do to this for some reason. I am sorry about that. Please do rate me now so I can get credit for my work.