How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 98989
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question: My sister and I have the joint property. I have a

Customer Question

Question: My sister and I have the joint property. I have a personal loan with her, and I am paying her 1,000.00 a month. Can I stop paying this while the house is being settled? I am not sure if you are the same lawyer I had previously. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
If you owe money to your sister and the agreement is that you owe monthly you will be in breach of the agreement with your sister. However, perhaps your sister will agree to your not paying until the house is sold. But this will be completely up to her. At the same time, it will take her several months if she decides to sue you and gets a judgement so it may be that there is little she can do quickly if you stop paying her.

Related Canada Law Questions