Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

I was at a wedding, and someone took my picture when I wasn't

Customer Question

I was at a wedding, and someone took my picture when I wasn't ready. They then put it on facebook. I asked them to take it down, and they won't. Can I sue them for this.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, if these people were lawfully at the wedding taking pictures (i.e. assuming they didn't sneak in, and instead were invited and not prohibited from taking photos), I cannot see any laws that would prevent them from putting such photos up on Facebook and/or refusing to take them down upon your request. Assuming no one is nude or anything of that sort, I there is no legal cause of action I'm aware of that would allow you to successfully sue this person and/or make them remove the photo.
I'm sorry this is probably not the answer you were hoping for, but hopefully it clarifies things.
Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you very much and best of luck.