Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a canadian permanent resident and wish to sponsor my french

Customer Question

I am a canadian permanent resident and wish to sponsor my french common law spouse (wife) into canada and can get assistance in filling out the application from a canadian immigration lawyer. We have been together for 3 years. the spouse application from canada takes 2 years to complete and its difficult to travel outside the country during this period. If we apply from france we are told it takes only 6 months and can travel during that period, we have a home in NIce france and it makes sense to apply from there but do not have an immigration lawyer in Nice that can assist with the application which has different requirements which is a concern and we have questions. We are both in Canada now, traveling to nice for 2 months and returning to canada in September, where we are living together in calgary. My wife had a 6 month stay which has now expired and we are worried about her being admitted when we return and presume that if an application is filed that this will assist us. the big question is can we get a lawyer that is familiar with the filing requirements when applying from france, the lawyers in Calgary dont do these applications.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting me. I have never heard of an immigration lawyer not doing this for a client. It is the most common and standard service an immigration lawyer can provide.I don't see how you can have been speaking to immigration lawyers. I suggest you try again. What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.The number is(###) ###-####in CalgaryOr you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.Here's the link to their website:http://www.lexpert.ca/Directory/DirectoryContent/FindLawyersOrFirm.aspx