Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

So the police drug squad arrested me large

Customer Question

So the police drug squad arrested me for trafficking large amounts of marajunia and performed a search of my house sheds cars and then went next door and asked my parents for the right.to search there garage because they couldn't find anything at all then they brought in dogs and found a trace amount of coke on a spoon in a room in the basement that I had a friend staying in...after a few hours they took me to a different station to "talk" they asked me what I thought they found I said u couldn't have.found anything because I do not do that. I said maybe a pipe or papers in joels room in the basement and his bong in my parents garage which they did so they charged me with possession of coke I said it's not mine they said then get who ever it is to come claim it and take the charge which he did they smashed my house up as I was growing plants for my garden Center in my basement and spare room upstairs they smashed my kids TV left all my guns unlock with bullets laying on my oldest sons bed... just wondering if I. Have any right to sue them for false warrant and for arresting me in the parking lot of my dad's store which I am running now made a complete fool of me for no reason...
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.
Legally, you could sue them for malicious prosecution / negligent investigation. However, since they actually did find drugs, you will have a very hard time being successful in such a lawsuit. Also, you'd need the ITO (i.e. the Information To Obtain the search warrant) to see just how negligent they were, since the ITO would disclose if there were actually reasonable grounds for issuance of the warrant.
Hopefully my answer was of assistance. Would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services. Thank you very much and best of luck.