Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am Jet Lim, I am exporter from Malaysia, I have shipped

Customer Question

hi, I am Jet Lim, I am exporter from Malaysia, I have shipped 5 containers of goods, $110,000.00 to Toronto, it seems consignees is suspicious dragging the payment , until the retention is piling up, and freight company also suspiciously not willing to help by giving all kinds of excuse, any legal advise, I might hire a lawyer to proceed if the cost is reasonable!
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear this. I can understand why you are concerned. It would be best to retain a lawyer to send them a letter threatening a lawsuit. The lawsuit will be very expensive but the letter will only be a couple of hundred dollars. You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free. The number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cargo might be in the process of auction, how the auction be processed? do they need approval from Shipper? What is the risk involve, in any shortage/loss, will the freight company turn to consignee or shipper to claim the loss?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the answers to these questions so I am going to opt out and let another expert take over.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anybody can help now on my question? As I have appointed somebody to check the availability of the containers, if found the containers is given to Consignee without my original B/L, I will sue him, anybody is interest to take up this case?