Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer and Retired cop. Drug expert, breath tech, negotiator, traffic specialist. Criminal, Family, Civil and others.
38596469

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is subject to law.

Customer Question

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is subject to law. 1. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society. I want to take the government to court to get the right for all Canadians to freely worship both theos/Gods that created Adam and Eve without being subject to any government authority including the monarch of Great Britain. The theos/God said to the other theos/God the Logos Jesus Christ, Let us make Adam in our image. Therefore there are two theos/Gods also known as two lords. Lords own slaves. Paul was a slave of Jesus Christ. I want you to help me take the government to court.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in Vancouver, I probably would start by taking the supreme court of British Columbia to court.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
Good evening.
I'm not certain what exactly it is that you wish assistance with. The Charter already provides for freedom of religion. Citizens of Canada are free to worship any god or religious entity or symbol they choose. There are a wealth of religious beliefs and followers in Canadian society who are free to worship as they please. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists even Scientologists, Wiccans and Satanists. There are places of worship allowed to operate for all religions and the government does not and cannot interfere with them.
So I'm at a loss to understand what it is that you wish to take the government to court for when Freedom of Religion is already guaranteed.
I look forward to hearing back from you so that I may ensure that you get all of the information you require.
Also, please take a moment to provide me with a positive rating as it assists me in building my reputation here on the site.
Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society. Look at the words, "subject", "to", "law". This means these rights and freedoms are subject to government. The U.S.Bill of Rights is not subject to government authority, the U.S. is the only country that its citizens have rights not subject to government. The false prophet and antichrist will be coming in the future. I want a new charter or bill that promises the right to worship both theos/God that created Adam and Eve which is not subject to government authority including the monarch. In Genesis, one theos said to the other theos Jesus, Let us make Adam in our image. The word us refers to these two Gods otherwise known as lords. Years ago, I was arrested in Morden, Manitoba for putting copies of letters about the Bible behind stop signs for people to read and I was put in a psychiatric facility for thirty days and forced to take psychiatric drugs against my will. There are no religious freedoms and rights in Canada that aren't subject to government authority.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
I'm extremely familiar with the Charter. You must look at the intention of its creation and how it has been used over the last 33 years since then, in order to fully understand how it works.
Being "subject to law" puts constraints in the constitutional framework to prevent improper use that would bring the administration of justice into disrepute. Specifically, it speaks to section 24 of the Charter which allows the courts to allow minor Charter violations where a failure to do so would bring criticism to the system and would diminish public faith in the judiciary.
This is most commonly seen in criminal cases where the exclusion of evidence for a minor Charter violation would be seen as an improper response. For instance, if a dangerous child rapist/murderer were on trial and a minor Charter infringement were found, the judge could rule that to exclude evidence, resulting in an acquittal would be contrary to public interest. In cases like this, a cautioned and judicially considered approach is necessary. Otherwise, to allow the Charter to operate without such protections would result in grave injustices much bigger than the Charter breaches themselves.
I have never seen a case where the law has overridden the Freedom of Religion guarantee, nor do I think you'd ever find one. Save and except if someone tried to start a religion which was so contrary to public interest, such as a religion that promoted the killing of a certain race. For the Charter to operate unimpeded and to allow such aberrations would simply be disastrous.
So as you can see, there really is no case to bring against the government and no attempt to do so would take away the very limited, and justified, limitation found in the Charter. Again, everyone is free to practice whatever religion they choose, in that it is not harmful to the rest of society as in the example I gave you. I'm sure that you would agree with this.
The US constitution and system is not perfect, as we can see on the news every day. No system works perfectly, however the Charter was a vast improvement on the lack of protections that we had as Canadians prior to 1982.
I expect that the police who arrested you previously simply did not understand what you were doing, or they simply did not practice and worship the way you do. Likely, they just viewed you as having mental health issues and used this law to take you for assessment. I am sure that they gave the doctors other reasons for your apprehension other than simply posting religious materials.
As I am sure you've seen, people stand on street corners all the time preaching, or they go door to door. This is not an offence and this cannot be stopped by the government. If you run into a situation where your rights are being infringed, such as in Manitoba, you need to deal with that organization itself, as it's not a flaw of the Charter, but rather that of the agency you dealt with.
Please remember to take a moment to leave me a positive rating as this assists me in building my reputation here on the site.
Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You were no help.
Expert:  Copperlaw replied 1 year ago.
With all due respect, I was a police officer for 20 years and have been a lawyer for many years now since retiring from policing. I am very familiar with the Charter and constitutional issues and the information I have provided is completely accurate.
Although it may not be what you were expecting to hear, I think it's simply a situation where you misunderstand the complexities of the law and the Charter and how it is applied.
For the reasons that I have described in detail, you will not find any lawyer who will take such a case on, as it simply has no merit and would not be successful. You would be throwing away money on such an action, when the very thing that you are looking to do is already a right which you are free to enjoy, without interference by the government.
Again, albeit this information is not what you anticipated, it is the present status of the law in Canada as it pertains to the Charter. You clearly came in here seeking information from a practicing lawyer, as you understandably lack the legal knowledge or background to undertake such an action yourself.
Even though the information I have provided does not help you in pursuing the action you were anticipating, it is still quite relevant and accurate and I have, in good faith, taken the time to come in here and chat with you about it and inform you on the law relating to your question.
Accordingly, it would be appreciated if you would provide me with a positive rating, as this credits me for the time that I spent with you and helps me to build my reputation here on the site.
I wish you all the best and please feel free to chat with me further if you wish any other information.
Jim