Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I had a friend died n whylie texas left a beneficiary to me

Customer Question

I had a friend died n whylie texas left a beneficiary to me and his other friend he died of eabola virus .Anyways he went signed documents to hes lawyer and fbi james comey 3 .anyway the fbi got involved I had to pay documents an more document I told this mr comey I need proof from the bank never got it yet been over a month I live in Canada here and chase bank never phoned me abt this situation .My friend that died left documents to his lawyer but hes no giving up the documents to this fbi james comey why is it so hard to get proof .is it a scam I have no idea telling me I have to pay %00000009 percent on taxes in us bank first that's a lot of money then this fbi told me once my money goes into my account I pay them tax on it then he tells me I have to pay that upfront with out proof of any kind here tells me I need a lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
Yes this is a scam. It is not true you have to pay money first. The taxes would come out of the estate. This is how scammers work. They ask their victims for money up front and then ask for more and more money. I am sure you never met this friend in person but just over the Internet, right?I am sorry about that.